Thursday, August 11, 2011

MGTT Speed Golf: Bowser Badlands (9:27:36, -9, Back Tees, Tournament Greens) [BACK 9]

Somehow, this didn't get uploaded after the front 9 video. I apologize. This course is maniacally difficult. The par 4's are long and dangerous, the par 3's are hazardous and the par 5's are epic. The precarious nature of this course requires a bit of luck but it's not impossible. Hole 10: The tower gets in the way of Bowser's draw, so I had to lag. Hole 11: The most annoying par 3 ever. The propeller sound combined with the tiny green makes this an atrocious green in regulation. I would vastly prefer a chip-in. Hole 12: Among the longest par 4's, the right side is a rock slope with spikes and the left is beneath a cliff with hazards at the bottom. I was able to drive all the way to the long platform. Hole 13: This hole is evil. If the ball is hit too far through the hole in the fence ahead, the statue will be in the way. Instead, hitting to the right seemed much more logical. Those fences are still a big pain. Hole 14: A rather epic par 4, there is a hitting area up high. I prefer hitting there to avoid the Thwomps and to have a better second shot. Always a challenge. Hole 15: Relatively meat and potatoes. The weaker hitters can take a chance to hit the bridge and roll into the Bob-omb. Bowser is too epic to take such chances. I think I messed up a bit here. Hole 16: Oh dear lord. The longest hole in the game. The Whomps will crush a ball that stops in its shadow, creating a horrible lie. Thankfully, I did have a good lie for my long second shot. Hole 17: Take all the ...

No comments:

Post a Comment